Enkhuizen is a city and municipality in the West Friesland region. The municipality is located on both Markermeer and Ijsselmeer. Enkhuizen is known as the "herring city" because of its past as a center for herring fishing. The city is, among other things because of the water sports, an important tourist center. In addition, the town has internationally renowned seed companies and horticulture, as well as a plastic industry cluster.
Enkhuizen was one of the most prosperous cities in the Netherlands in the 17th century. As a member of the VOC, the city gained power and influence. The rich history of Enkhuizen is still visible when you walk through the old town with many mansions, canals, churches, city walls and harbors.
Practical information Callantsoog
Here you will find information about Callantsoog:
- How do I reach the city
- What about parking
- Important addresses and telephone numbers
With the directions on this page you can prepare your trip.
Some Rules surrounding Covid-19 in the Netherlands are:
- Use of a face mask is mandatory when traveling by public transport.( taxi, tram, train,bus and ferry)
- Mandatory on using a Face mask in public areas (shops, streets, etc.)
- Keep 1.5 meters apart.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for longer than 25 seconds
- Cough and sneeze in a tissue or on the inside of your elbow..
Be well informed about the current Covid-19 rules in the Netherlands.