West Frisian oldest city
Medemblik, the oldest city in West Friesland, is situated in the middle of all the peace and quiet. With the Regatta Center, the city has a water sport center with international allure where national and international sailing competitions are organized.
In the center you will find modern and historic brotherly side by side. Beautiful yachts and historic ships from the brown fleet moor in the modern harbors of the historic city center. Sitting on one of the terraces you can watch a drink from behind the bustle of the water.
The city has many museums; Castle Radboud, dating from the end of the 13th century, stands in a prominent place. The most delicious delicacies are baked in the traditional way at the Bakery Museum and at the Steam Room you can learn everything about the development of the steam engine. Medemblik is also the stopping place for the Hoorn-Medemblik steam tram.
Practical information Callantsoog
Here you will find information about Callantsoog:
- How do I reach the city
- What about parking
- Important addresses and telephone numbers
With the directions on this page you can prepare your trip.
Some Rules surrounding Covid-19 in the Netherlands are:
- Use of a face mask is mandatory when traveling by public transport.( taxi, tram, train,bus and ferry)
- Mandatory on using a Face mask in public areas (shops, streets, etc.)
- Keep 1.5 meters apart.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for longer than 25 seconds
- Cough and sneeze in a tissue or on the inside of your elbow.
Be well informed about the current Covid-19 rules in the Netherlands.