If you feel like soaking up history for a day, Edam is the place to visit. Edam is a well preserved town on the former Zuyder Sea, and Edam has a rich history of shipbuilding, timber trade and trading. Have a lovely stroll through the old centre and discover historic tea-houses, city farms, churches, warehouses, squares and canals. Around the Damplein square there are many monuments such as the former Butter market with a beautiful colonnade; and the former Town Hall, a stately building with purple-tinted stone, now used as an exhibition area by the Edam Museum. The Edam Museum is situated on the other side of the square, housed in a former merchant’s house. A walk through Edam is like visiting an open air museum.
Here you will find information about Den Helder:
- How to reach the city
- What about parking
- Important addresses and telephone numbers
you can prepare your journey with the directions on this page.
Some Rules surrounding Covid-19 in the Netherlands are:
- Use of a face mask is mandatory when traveling by public transport.( taxi, tram, train,bus and ferry)
- Mandatory on using a Face mask in public areas (shops, streets, etc.)
- Keep 1.5 meters apart.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for longer than 25 seconds
- Cough and sneeze in a tissue or on the inside of your elbow.